Call quality indicator analysis
The call quality indicator shows the quality of the audio and video connections of Circuit client during an active call.
The indicator shows up to three bars.
- Three bars: call quality is high and all values are within the expected range.
- Two bars: call quality is medium, some values are below the expected range. Sporadic audio or video issues may happen.
- One bar: call quality is low, several values are below the expected range or packet loss is high. Audio may break and video may freeze during the call.
- No bars: call quality is poor, most indicators are below the expected range or packet loss is very high. Audio and video are likely to be unusable.
For more information on what to do when the call quality is low or poor, see What can I do when the call quality is low or poor.
If you click or tap on the call quality indicator icon you may view the detailed call statistics used to calculate the number of bars. Several values are used to determine the number of bars during the call, including:
- Send and receive packets lost: the main factor driving the quality of your connection. A large percentage of packet loss in a corporate network (WiFi or wired) is an indication of a congested network. Contact your system administrator to troubleshoot the issue. If you notice the same problem in a public network, switch to cellular data if possible. If that is not possible, use the dial-in number in the conference details screen.
- Jitter and round-trip time: these values affect call quality, but not as much as packet loss. High values indicate temporary network congestions. If the values remain high for longer periods of time, contact your system administrator to troubleshoot the issue.
Note: The values used to calculate the number of bars and the detailed call statistics are updated every five seconds during a call. The values fluctuate at the start of the call, while the network is being tested. They should stabilize within thirty seconds into the call.
1 person found this useful.
Me too / Not at all
Thank you for your rating.