Adding, editing or removing a whiteboard during an active call in a direct conversation (web client and Desktop App)
During an active call in a direct conversation, any call participant can add, edit or remove a whiteboard at any time via their Circuit web client or Desktop App.
- To add a whiteboard to the active call, click the Add to conference icon on the call action bar and then select Add whiteboard. The whiteboard is added to the active call and displayed on the call stage. Unless the other participant shares their video or screen at that time, you can view the whiteboard in edit mode, which means that a set of tools are displayed to the left of the whiteboard and are available to you to edit it.
- If the whiteboard is in view only mode, i.e. no whiteboard tools are displayed to the left of the whiteboard, click on the whiteboard.
This will put the whiteboard in edit mode. It will, also, put the whiteboard into focus, where the whiteboard is displayed in the call stage in a larger size compared to a screen share or video, if any, in the call. In full screen view, only the whiteboard and whiteboard tools are displayed in the call stage.Note:
The whiteboard can enter edit mode, only when you are viewing the call stage in normal or full screen view.
- Use the following tools to edit the whiteboard:
- Select: select and move objects that you have added
- Pencil: create a free draw
- Arrow: create arrows
- Line: create straight lines
- Rectangle: create rectangles
- Ellipse: create ellipse
- Text: type text
- Image: insert image
- Undo: undo your last action
- : insert background image
- : clear the content that has been added to the whiteboard.
When you select the Pencil, Arrow, Line, Rectangle, Ellipse or Text tool you can subsequently select a color for the object you are about to add from a list of available colors.All changes you make on the whiteboard are shown to the other call participant alongside your name.
- To remove the whiteboard from the active call:
- Click Other options to the bottom-left area of the call view, and select Remove whiteboard.
- On the pop-up window that opens, click Yes to confirm that you really want to remove the whiteboard from the call.
4 people found this useful.
Me too / Not at all
Thank you for your rating.