Adding multiple participants to a Space at once
You can add multiple participants at once to a Space that you moderate using a CSV file.
- Setup the CSV file:
- Create a comma-separated value (CSV) data file with only one column and no column header.
- Fill-in the column with the email addresses of all the people you want to add to a Space.
- Save the file for later use.
- Click the Spaces icon .
- Navigate to and click Upload file.
If an import is already in progress, the option to upload a file is disabled. Wait for the running import to complete and try to upload the file afterwards.
- On the pop-up window that opens, click Choose file.
- In the file selector, select the CSV file you have setup in step 1 and, then, select Open.
After Circuit validates the file, the import is initiated. Depending on the size of the CSV file, it may take some time to complete.
- Check the status of the import operation in the Import status area.
The import operation can have one of the following possible statuses:
Import has been scheduled.
<file name> imported successfully.
Import from <file name> completed partially successfully. Check the result file for more information.
Unsupported file structure. Please update the file and try again.
Import failed. Please try again.
Import was interrupted due to a maintenance activity. You have to reinitiate the import procedure.
The import operation runs asynchronously in the background, so you do not have to wait for it. Once it completes, you will be notified via the Notification tab. Just click on the notification and you will be directed to.
- Once the import is completed, download the CSV file with the results from the Import results area.
Apart from the option to download the CSV file, in this area you will see information about the person who initiated the import and the time the import has been completed.
The results file is structured as 5 columns, as described below:
Column header Description #CODE The result code for each person in the imported CSV file:
PARTICIPANT_ADDED: The person has been added to the Space
ALREADY_MEMBER: The person is already a participant of the Space
USER_DOES_NOT_EXIT: A user with this email address does not exist
INTERNAL_ONLY: The person is external, and externals are not allowed to join the Space
ERROR: Unexpected error
LINE The line number of the imported CSV file The email address used for the import ORIGINAL LINE Data in the respective line of the imported CSV file EXCEPTION Information about the exception, if any, in the import process.
Thank you for your rating.